Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quitting everything and not caring about anything (in a good way)

    I'm giving up meat, dairy and cigarettes all in the same week. I have attempted all these before and failed but never all at the same time. When something is hard, make it 10 times harder and you will ultimately rise to the challenge. I know this doesn't sound logical, but once you stop using your brain and go with your gut, life makes much more sense. 
    The miserable experience of eating built up to such a point I asked the universe to intervene. I had no ideas and found myself stagnating on the problem. I told this universe, "look, this sucks, I hate eating, its a chore, it's boring, and I'm always on the go." Then the universe told me, "Well if it's so boring why don't you eat healthy." Then this crazy DVD arrived at my doorstep during the zenith of my frustration. Since actions speak louder than words, I decided action must be taken. So far day two and I'm meat, cigarette and mostly dairy free. This is not a zero tolerance attempt to get healthy, it's a lifestyle modification. I finally after two years (on and off much longer though) stopped buying a pack of cigarettes. Finally! The whole vegetarian bit came as I added it on the last minute because it would suck to kick cigs out, only to get ball cancer or heart disease from garbage meat. Like I want fucking Subways chicken sandwich anyways, or any other food chains bullshit. Once I stopped caring about what I ate, I finally realized how easy this was going to be. Not caring is the best thing in the world.
    I think blogging will help keep my mind off these inferior cravings I crave, so we'll see how it goes. I wish I had a cool signing off message. I think future blogs will have some more comedic and or political undertones, this is just a test run. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. digging the blog! i think you'll find that once you get past the initial detox and withdrawal (only about 3 weeks) you'll feel much healthier, breathe easier, and have a much better overall state of well being. soon even the thought of cigarettes will disgust you and you'll look at smokers with utter incredulity. how could anyone knowingly and regularly poison his/her body in this day and age where we are all fully cognizant of just how deadly and physiologically toxic cigarettes are. similarly, you'll find that healthy, natural food actually tastes far better than artificially dyed, artificially flavored, ammonia-washed, highly processed, chemically tainted amalgams of dead meat of an unknown origin. your body and energy levels will respond accordingly. and once your body gets used to a healthy, natural diet, the sudden introduction of heavily fried food or processed meat will actually make your body respond with noticeable malaise. stick with it, rich, for the sake of your future, your loved ones, and your future children. you have awakened from the stupefied trance of the masses. there's no going back to a lifestyle that leads to sickness and death. the future holds health, happiness, and prosperity. onward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ball cancer??? Really!! Perhaps I'm quite cynical but we are all gonna die sooner or later & most who DO NOT smoke will more then likely get second hand cancer. Paradox of life. So, what I mean to say is, right on!!! Who really cares?? Cows are delicious & who are we kidding, taste even better when throwing back a martini, followed by a hearty cigarette. Good luck!!! One of these days, I too will feel a strong desire to stop my bad habits. Since I smoke almost a pack a day and can still run a couple miles without hacking up a lung, I'll just chill with it for now, quit by 35.

    ReplyDelete